To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 17

Our friends are here again. It's okay because
A.) we love them
B.) we have fun when they're here
C.) their kids are really, really cute
D.) and I have it on good authority that there is going to be a dreamsicle pie made and devoured eaten during    this visit. (Oh, all right. The authority is me just hoping to guilt Mel into making it while she's here.)
E.) we're gonna eat Main Moon Chinese tomorrow night

For proof on reason C I give you today's December Photo Project picture....seriously, how cute is he?

2 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Oh Marty. What a mistake you have made. It is Becky who makes the dreamsicle pie.
She doesn't remember making it though and I don't have her recipe or I'd make one right now.

Marty said...

She gave you the recipe on her blog...I read it in the comments this morning while you were on my couch drinking coffee :-)