To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 11

This is sunrise viewed from a Walmart parking lot. That's right. I was up and at Wally World by six thirty am. Finished some last minute shopping that needed to be done before the family arrives today to celebrate Christmas a little early. On the menu we have ham, roast, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, potato salad, peas, green beans and corn.
Um, reading that it is clear my family has a problem with potatoes.
I am not going to draw the line between that problem and the size of my derriere...for today ignorance is bless.
(And just an FYI...never, never goggle the word derriere to check your spelling. Because if you're right it brings up some rather embarrassing images. Especially if your nine year old son is in the room.)
Anyway...the sunrise...(considering that last sentence I am so glad I didn't take a picture of the moon :-)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You are tempting me to "show up" (as family of course) for the meal. :) Hope you have a great day.

iarepilotswife said...

You might want to Google the word Goggle.
In the words of Inigo Montoya. "I do not think it means what you think it means."

hehe...