To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Bestest Gift Ever

Do you know what this is?

This is the score card from the beat down Farkle game that Rob and I played last night. It is very rare that I beat him at any game so the moment had to be recorded for prosperity sake. (Okay it had a little tinsy winsy bit of me just wanting to use my new lens.)
At first I figured Rob would beat me because he has an unfair advantage of large hands. Why would that make a difference you ask? Well, because this is no ordinary Farkle game. It is a special one of a kind version that arrived in the mail yesterday made just for us. I can prove it too. See?
 What made it special is not just that it was sent to us by our dear friends, the Culbertson's, but  that they specially made it to suit a couple of our advanced age. And they did it just because they care :-)
Still have no idea why Rob's large hands would give him an unfair advantage? Check out the size of these dice!

I figured it would be easier for him to toss the dice because it's easier for his hands to hold the dice.

We had so much fun playing this last night. We used the bed as our game table because you know us fogies can't be getting on the ground. Actually getting down isn't the problem, it's the getting back up part that's trouble :-)
Along with our awesome game they sent some well suited gifts to the kids. For germ freak conscious Sarah there was a purse size spray sanitizer, Emmie got a nice spatula for all her cooking ventures. Sam got a bag of coal which he promptly regifted to Sarah and Abby got a cute pair of socks while Claire got a Pandora wash cloth. (Claire doesn't really know anything about Dora the Explorer even though she recognizes her...but because I listen to Pandora on the computer that's what she calls the little animated girl :-)

So thank you very much awesome Culbertson family...we love you guys!



4 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Oh my goodness! That post is hilarious!

:)

I have no words - I am laughing so hard.

iarepilotswife said...

Oh, and I take it your not mad about the fork?

Marty said...

I'll live without the fork...it makes a good excuse for you guys to come visit again. (As if you need a reason but...)

Rob said...

The dice must be loaded.