To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Perspective

I belong to a photography forum which has members from literally all over the world. One of them, a professional wedding photog in the UK, is waiting at a hospital to shoot a wedding. The original wedding plans were put on hold when the bride-to-be found out she had cancer. Time progressed and so did her disease. She isn't expected to live through the night.


I wasn't having a bad morning. There isn't too much pressure in my life today. As a matter of fact most of my day will be spent doing some things that I want to do. But after reading about that couple, knowing what their families are facing today, I will be much more thankful of the gift of today that I've been given.

Don't waste your day. Time is precious.

0 comments: