To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oh, Please, Please...

spare me! So far four of the seven in our ranks have been taken down by the Midnight Marauder, as a friend has dubbed our sickness. With the exception of Claire this stomach bug has attacked in the evening. Usually late in the evening...or in the early morning rather. Like 12:25 AM early morning. Like I haven't gotten a full night's sleep in three days early morning almost on the hour attack time.

But I'm cool with no sleep.
Honestly.
Just. As. Long. As. I. Don't. Barf. Too.
Because Sam is Sam he has provided some amusement for us whilst suffering at the hands of the dastardly villain who is raiding our family.
"Oh, this is gross! This is so gross! This is grosser than I thought!"
He also went on to accuse me of having done this to him by making him eat green beans for dinner.
Later, when he was feeling a tad bit better and his stomach was settled he was back to cracking jokes. (Disclaimer: I know I said we may no longer use the word yark but we may have to just because of the joke Sam made up.)
Sam: Hey, Mom! Do you know where people go when they get sick?
Mom: No, Sam. Where do people go when they get sick?
Sam: New Yark! Get it Mom? New York/ New Yark?

Oh, that boy can make me laugh in even the most tiresome of times :-)

0 comments: