To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Not Quite Getting It

Every now and then I need to do something with my camera that is just for no reason. (Okay, more than every now and then...) Something just for the sheer beauty and creativity of photography.
Every now and then I want a particular shot and just can't make it happen.And every now and then I still end up with pictures that I really like. This weeks 52 weeks is already posted and I am enthralled with the light, tones and bokeh. I'm not bragging. Really, I'm not. I don't turn out enough really great images consistently to brag. It's just that sometimes I am amazed at what we get to see if we just stop and look.
And I really love white pumpkins this year :-)
In my pursuit this morning of 'the' photograph burning a whole in my chest, I had a few misses. I just could not get the focus where I wanted it. But I still enjoy what came out anyway. Especially the second one.
I have a thing about dew drops in early morning light. Both of these were taken minutes a part with few changes in settings and my position. No color changes were done in post processing either. I think this is what fascinates me about photography...minor things can have a huge impact. So even when I'm not quite getting...I get something.

2 comments:

Kait said...

Whoa whoa whoa...if turning out great pictures consistently gives one the right to brag...then you could brag 24/7.
I love the second one!

Roni said...

These are definitely some braggin' images, Marty.:) They are SO beautiful. I can relate to what you are saying and I loved how it "burned a hole in your chest".:) Light is an incredible gift. One of God's first creations..no? Water too, if I recall.;-) I think He must be very pleased with you. You notice... and I imagine that matters to Him.
xo