To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, November 26, 2010

It's Sad Really

Three times.

Three.

Times.

I've gone to Hobby Lobby to get the stuff for a specific craft that I really want to do as Christmas gifts and all three times I've spent time looking over the parts needed, choosing just the right this to go with that...only to say never mind and walk away.
I even did it today.
Yep, I got out in the rain on Black Friday with my pregnant friend and drug her up and down rows saying things like,
"See, I could use this." Or 'Whatcha think about that?"
And then I put it all back and walked out without buying any of it.
I'm pretty sure it's some kind of disorder.

3 comments:

maureen said...

LOL. I have the same disorder. I can walk around Target or Hobby Lobby, any store really, drop things into my cart, only to decide in the end, that I don't really need any of it after all. And walk out empty handed. My friends are used to it by now.

iarepilotswife said...

Marty, your shopping disorder is quite humerous.
Loved spending the afternoon watching you shop and unshop over and over again.

Thanks for taking me with you!

Marty said...

Maureen, I'm glad I'm not alone! We should form some kind of support group.
Shop and unshop...priceless :-) So was spending the time with you...I'm really glad y'all came this weekend.