To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Fun Stuff

While I know there is reason to move cautiously through cyberspace I get so excited when I come across a blog or website that I know will be useful and edifying. I found a few recently that of course led me to others...and on and on it can go. It took me a bit longer than usual to start my morning chores because of one little blog link that I clicked...
I started this morning's blog hop by visiting Robin and oh, am I glad I did. Such a wonderful place to visit full of recipes and really neat crafty how-to's. From there I just had to see what she was linking to in her All Things Merry & Bright blog party post which introduced me to...
Sherri at Design to Shine. Each week she posts a menu plan and shares some recipes. I can't wait to try these yummy sounding chicken rolls. Her site has been bookmarked just so I can go back and visit her blog roll :-)
I also strolled on over to see what Lindsay of Passionate Homemaking was up to these days. Reading her about page made me think of different friends that will enjoy her site immensely...Our vision is to live simply and sustainably so we can give generously for the furtherance of the gospel to the nations! Did I mention that she is training as doula and birthing educator?
So, grab a cup of cocoa and enjoy the cyberspace goodness. What a blessing to be surrounded by so many godly women who live to glorify God in all that they do.

0 comments: