To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, November 5, 2010

Bling Bling

When I was a little girl my Mother had a charm bracelet of the four of us girls. I don't think it was anything real expensive or fancy but for some reason I just loved it. A few years ago my oldest sister and I found these bracelets at Parisians and made one for each of us girls and our Mother. I still wear mine sometimes.
Memories
But there is just something about my Mother's charm bracelet that stays with me. For a while I put off asking for or getting one because we were still having babies but we're done with that now. So I've been web surfing to either find one to point Rob to...(Christmas & my birthday are coming up...hint, hint.) Or to find one that I'd like to make because these days you can find the stuff online to make just about anything. Anyway, I've come across some cheapo tacky things and some really nice hey-that's-the-kind-of-thing-I'm-talking-about stuff. Here are a few things I've come across and just enjoyed looking at...
There are some unbelievably beautiful personalized pieces at Kimbra Studios...a little pricey but the craftsmanship looks like it's worth it. Check out the belt buckle...it's too adorable.
And how adorable is this necklace? I don't wear jewelry enough to warrant one but it is oh, so cute! You can find more amazingly whimsical pieces at a fabulous etsy store called Anoriginal Jewelry.
I'm not a big accessory person...much to my oldest fashionista sister's chagrin...so it really must be the emotional connection to the idea of the bracelet. Isn't it strange the things that stick in our minds from our childhood?

1 comments:

Kait said...

Yesh I want it. I weally do.