To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, November 1, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Burnt pumpkin stinks. How do I know this, you ask? I'll answer in an upcoming blogpost.


I think the Santa Rosa county commissioners owe me $10 for the candy I bought to give trick or treaters because of the goofy way they told people to trick or treat. Seriously, inside city limits on Saturday and the whole rest of the hemisphere on Sunday? We had tons of kids last year and three this year stretched out over two days. To say people were confused is an understatement. Oh, and here is a very interesting article about All Hallow's Eve that you may enjoy reading.

Yesterday's baptism service was beautiful. Actually the whole weekend was beautiful and wonderful. I'll share all about it in yes, you guessed it. A forth coming blog post :-)

Rob's birthday was last Friday and I am the best wife ever. I managed to surprise him with the very thing he really wanted...a Kindle. It took a bit to save up the money which is why I was surprised he didn't know I was plotting anything. Now I wonder what I else I can save for on the sly and purchase?
"What do you mean, 'Where did that couch come from?', honey?"

Lots of stuff bubbling around in my head that I hope to get out here this week. Plus a ton of pictures to edit from all those mini sessions at the school. And we have parent teacher conferences today.
But I really, really must go clean my floors. That beautiful and wonderful weekend I mentioned earlier? Part of that was twenty kids and nine adults over on Saturday...you can imagine the floors from all those little bare feet playing in the yard.

So for now, happy November and we'll talk soon!

0 comments: