To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You Have No Idea...

what a bad driver you are until your teenage daughter begins studying for her learner's permit.

"Mom, you know people get pulled over for rolling through a stop sign."

"Dad, you don't have your blinker on."

"That isn't a hundred feet."

"When you make your turn, you're supposed to get in the closest lane and then turn your blinker on and switch to the lane you need."

I'm getting a crash course (pardon the pun) in driving. Which really isn't a bad thing I guess...it seems that I have forgotten a few things.

3 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Oh my goodness, Marty. I had no idea we had so much in common! Okay, I did know we have a lot in common.
Anyway -
Kait read your post and said, "Hey! I do that, too!"

I replied, "Yes, daughter. I know."

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Welcome to my world! Taylor just needs a whistle and he's all set. I didn't realize what a lead foot I had till Taylor started driving. Sheesh.

BeckyJ

Kait said...

YES! I have a critiquing partner! Whoohoo! I ain't alone. That's a relief. ;-)