To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, October 25, 2010

We Are An Overachieving Family

Not only can the small mound of laundry procreate into a mountain of washing in the span of several hours but what our toothbrushes can do is just amazing!

I have five children. Sarah is not what I would call a germaphobe per se, but she does have what we like to call 'issues'. One of which is that her toothbrush must not even look at another toothbrush. It's sad really, the way she keeps it completely sequestered from all the other brushes. Because apparently the other toothbrushes are quite the outgoing bunch and invite friends to join them on a regular basis.
I was getting something out of the kids bathroom cabinet and found not five or six brushes but fifteen toothbrushes. Fifteen! And they weren't old-just-forgot-to-throw-away brushes either. All were fairly new and in mint condition.
Get it? Mint condition? You, know because tooth paste is min--never mind.

If you have a sec click on the Spivey Family link to the right. She had the cutest idea for costumes for her family this year and won a contest with her creativity and a little help from Publix.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Too funny! I hope they're color-coded or something. ;)

Mike and Molly Spivey said...

that is way too funny!!!

and thanks for the shout out :)

iarepilotswife said...

One of them might be Kait's. She left hers there.

And Kait has a whole separate drawer for toothbrush too, so it doesn't mistakenly mingle with her brothers' toothbrushes. But she might have Sara beat in the bathroom OCD department. She also keeps her own roll of toilet paper in her special drawer.

A little odd. But with 6 little brothers I can't really blame her.

iarepilotswife said...

And I spelled Sarah's name wrong.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who proofreads her comments after she posts it.

Marty said...

I've had to delete comments that I've made on my own blog for that very reason :-)