To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recently, I questioned the rapid reproduction ability of dirty laundry. At the same time my friend Mel posted this over on her blog. It prompted me to confess my secret love affair with clotheslines. I just love the look of laundry drying in the sun. Maybe next spring I'll have Rob hang one up for me. (Yes, I know for you die hard go getters, you do your clothes on the line even in the winter. But what can I say? I am fickle at heart I guess :-)
Anyway, all the laundry talk reminded me of some gorgeous images I've seen from people who are not only practical but very artistic as well.
Lovely black and white goodness from she comes into focus
Gorgeous colors and textures from jovivbeo
Some amazing depth of field from
Some retro goodness from RebeccaVC1
And, oh my this gorgeous work by Playingwithbrushes

There are literally thousands more to be viewed on Flickr but alas, I must get busy and throw my laundry into a boring old machine.
:-)

2 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Oh, what awesome pictures! I feel like I need a new wardrobe now so my line can find it's potential for coolness.

Marty said...

No kidding right? I want all white crisp linen sheets with battenburg lace just so I can hang them up on a line and photograph the sunlight coming through :-)