To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Imperfection

The theme this month over at Shutter Sisters One Word Project is imperfection. When I first saw the word I just kind of 'humpf'. How will I capture that word in a photograph? And then I forgot about it. Until this afternoon. Several days ago I had taken a picture using the reverse lens and was pretty pleased by the focus.

But it was still missing something only I couldn't put my finger on it. Playing around with it today and I found a texture to overlay on it...and wouldn't you know that's when it all came together.
I think the reason it resonated with me is that imperfect people sometimes come together to form a rather perfect friendship. Not because everything is always butterflies and rainbows but actually because it's not. We're there for each other despite all of our imperfections and sin.
And that perfectly imperfect friendship is a true gift from God.

0 comments: