To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Funniest Picture Ever

I wish I could take credit for it but alas, my little brain is just not this creative or funny. I laughed out loud this morning when I came across this submission to the Mortal Muses food theme challenge.

I, of course, added the ginormous Culberrito to the group pool yesterday. Tonight's dinner is also going to be sent to the group in the morning...certainly not as fun as Brandi's Potato Ole but fifteen bean soup is still pretty photogenic. And darn tasty, too.

1 comments:

Brandi said...

I love your submission! It's so warm and dreamy. It makes me think of chilly fall days with wonderful smells rolling out of the kitchen. I love when a picture can bring all your senses alive. Great shot!!