To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Decorating

One of the things that makes Autumn my favorite season are the colors.
And the smells...the aroma of spices and citrus. And the cooler temps.
But, uhm, back to the colors. The golden hues and warm earth tones are just gorgeous to me. Finding a way to use them in decorating isn't very hard at all. I choose three of the colors you see the most right now and bought some cheap ribbon to match...yellow, brown and burgundy.
I also purchased some small but adorable pumpkins and then gathered all my supplies together.
Cut up the ribbon...
And then glued it to said adorable pumpkins.
And, viola! A lovely autumnal decoration to go on top of the piano.
I didn't get real creative with my ribbon as you can see, but I'm sure you could do all kinds of fun things with it. My friend Christy, who is responsible for sharing the beribboned pumpkins idea with me, used different kinds of buttons on hers. And yesterday while I was visiting Hobby Lobby I saw some really pretty sparkly self adhesive strips in the scrap booking section. Ask me if I'm itching to do one with those? Yes, sirree.

0 comments: