To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Closeness of Grossness

You know how you bond with some people over coffee and cheesecake? Or your family becomes good friends with another family by hanging out together and playing games? Or going to the beach or maybe a weekend camping trip? Shared experiences can bring you closer together and really strengthen your relationship.
But sometimes that closeness goes next level. Sometimes, the shared activity is so gross that it binds you together in some hard to explain fashion that no one outside of the experience will get. Take eating crickets for instance. A moment that will be seared into your brain for the rest of your life.

I don't think he cared for it too much :-)

The child will try anything...
So totally gross and no, I did not try one. I still shudder at hearing the crunchy sound. Supposedly they taste like...no, not chicken...but a sunflower seed shell. So why eat a dried up cricket if you can just get the same taste from a sunflower seed shell?
I'm just saying.
And if the photographs aren't enough for you here is the video compliments of Mel. I'm not sure why it's so small but you really should watch it. Sarah and Kait are hilarious.
>Oh, and don't forget to pop over to Mel's blog and check out this weeks hot chocolate review...it sounds delicious!

5 comments:

Kait said...

We were hilarious. ARE hilarious still. Yes we made everything awesome. :-p

By the way, your video didn't show up.

iarepilotswife said...

The video didn't show up for me either.
That stinks. I thought my video plugin made them easily shareable.

iarepilotswife said...

Oh, you might need to add /embed (with <> around it) at the end of the video code in your post html.

For some reason it didn't have that in the original code copy. I just tested it on a blogger blog and it worked great after I added the missing code.

Marty said...

I'll go check it out...and yes you were/are hilarious and awesome.

Marty said...

Hhhmmm, it worked for Rob earlier and I can play it now...not sure what the issue is.