To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Seeing the World

Do you dream of traveling? Have a list of places that you'd like to one day visit? I do. Hawaii, Montana, Washington DC, the Pacific northwest, the Eastern seaboard and other places...the list is pretty long.
I may or may not get the opportunity to visit those places in person but thanks to the internet and Flickr I get to see some amazing photographs from a lot of those places. And it's even better when you're cyber friends with the one taking the photographs. I'm not sure how I first came across Roni's photo stream but I'm so glad I did. Her work is lovely to look at and her words are always thoughtful and transparent. She's lives somewhere up in New York and right now her images of Autumn are taking my breath away. You can almost feel the crispness in the air...and the gorgeous fall colors? Swoon worthy!

Wouldn't you love to go for a walk here?
And then maybe stop in here for some apple cider?

I love this one.
This is my new computer background.
And what I said about the colors? Seriously beautiful.


My love affair with all things Autumn kicks into high gear when I look at her pictures. And if I never make it to New York during my favorite season at least I can see it through her eyes.
And that's pretty special.
PS Roni is also the one who has started me on the fascinating journey into the reverse lens macro world. You can go here to see a whole new world up close and personal. You won't believe the pasta :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like I have just found a new Flickr contact. "seeing" other places/cultures is one of my favorite things about Flickr.

~Sg

Marty said...

It's pretty cool isn't it? I should be getting to see more of Hawaii soon too :-)
You'll enjoy Roni's stream...it's beautiful and she usually links to music videos on youtube.

Jan said...

Small (flickr) world!! She's the one who turned me on to the reverse thing too!!! How cool is that? :)

These shots are to die for. I already love New York to death. Another reason added to my list now.