To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, September 10, 2010

Sam's World

Rob and I were having a conversation when Sam walked into the room. I could feel my heart swell with motherly pride as he placed his hand on my arm (our interrupt rule) and patiently waited to speak. Rob finished his sentenced and we paused in our discussion so I could find out what he needed.

Me: "Samuel, thank you for not interrupting. What did you want to say?"
Samuel: "We are proud to announce that Dr. Seuss has come to PBS Kids!"
Me: "You stopped Mom and Dad's conversation for that?"
Samuel: "This is news, Mom."

Oh. Well then.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Hahahahaha, I love it! And I really love the idea of the interrupt rule. That's awesome.

iarepilotswife said...

I miss that boy!

You know, we planned to gift Sam (your Sam) that dumb repeating parrot when we moved. We set it aside but the movers packed it anyway.

Now we still have it. Jesse has figured it out. And it doesn't go through batteries very fast.

Kait said...

hahaha! This IS news! Oh man, I really miss that kid!