To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Reason #497 Why I Love Autumn

The light.
That gorgeous afternoon light.
Every photographer knows about the magic hour when the light is just right. It's there every afternoon three hundred sixty five days a year...three hundred sixty six days if it's a leap year.
But the afternoon light that rains down upon us in the Fall?
That light is the magical magic-ness. It's the kind of light that makes me stop what I'm doing and just bask in it's rays.
If the beach is my happy place then this is my happy time.
It reads like a fairytale.
I love Autumn.
The sister image to this one is up at 52 weeks.

1 comments:

Jessie said...

I have been thinking the EXACT same thing! The light this time of year is beyond perfection.