To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Photo Confessions

I love taking pictures of people. Well, anything really but I do like capturing portraits of people.

But lately I kind of missing taking pictures of other things...other stuff. And, I'm having to be more deliberate with my time now that school is back in session both for the girls at Trinitas and here at home with Samuel. So I really haven't had much time to concentrate or get creative with photography lately. It pops into the front of my brain as an "I wish I could..." but then gets bounced to the back.
Today, I stumbled across a website that may help with that though. Weekday Photos is a neat site that has a set category for each day of the week...
Monday Creative Colors
Tuesday Macro
Wednesday Creative Editing
Thursday Urban
Friday Nature
In addition to the set category each day there is a weekly theme as well. So for yesterday's category of creative colors the theme is specifically brown. Today's macro theme is eyes. I haven't looked ahead for the other categories' themes but I plan to soon.
I'm adding this photo for the macro eye theme...

I think I'm going to like this game challenge. It will spur some creativity I think, which I seem to need at the moment. And, I can participate as my schedule permits.
A win/win situation for sure :-)

2 comments:

Lori Warman said...

I love this idea, especially the no preasure no commitment thing. I can do this.

Marty said...

Do it Lloyd, do it!