To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Know From the Start...

That this post will be heavy on the pictures. And I'm okay with that. I think between the two of us, Lori and I probably took over 1500 pictures. She was here a week :-)
Her family of six with our family of seven.
It was crowded.
It was loud.
A lot of food was consumed.
A lot of laundry was generated.
There was lots of laughter and playing. The kids picked up right where they left off, as if there hadn't been three or four years since they were together.
I think I'm just going to add the pictures in no particular order. I may throw in a random comment or two but rather than trying to say everything about the whole visit I'll just say this...
We love us some Warman's and cannot wait for their next visit!
This first picture was taken by Lori...I love the look on Claire's face!




Did you know that if you leave colored pencils outside in water for a couple of days the wood gets really soft? And if you peel the wood apart you end up with what is basically a paint stick?
Friends...actually they are two peas in a pod. Happy and carefree to say the least. Lori was pregnant with Ivy and Abby was seven months old when we first met.
Friends



Savanah, their oldest, and Sarah were around I promise. Somehow they managed to evade the camera for the most part. They watched a movies, listened to music and generally just hung out. While our girls were at school, Savannah did lots of drawing and stuff. (That deserves a separate post all on it's own...coming soon!)

0 comments: