To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I don't often post about politics. Not because I don't have opinions, but rather because everyone does have opinions. And I have discovered that people are very emotionally connected to their views and will jettison common courtesy with the click of a mouse to put their opinion forward. That being said I just kept going over and over what Florida Governor Charlie Crist had to say yesterday as he made public his change in stance on gay rights.


“As I think most of us learned in life, the older you get, the more tolerant you become and the less judgmental you are, and that’s called wisdom.”

I'm pretty sure I have a very different definition of wisdom from Mr. Crist. And I'm pretty sure God does as well.
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight." Proverbs 9:10
I also thought of Romans 1:22,
"Claiming to be wise, they became fools"
I think that pretty much sums up my official opinion of Governor Crist.

As long as I'm spouting off about politics I might as well share this video clip. I think Pastor Wilson makes some valid points.

Okay, that's it. Comment if you like but I will delete anything that is over the top rude and out of line.
That is all.



3 comments:

amanda said...

Good post, Marty. Both points.

iarepilotswife said...

“As I think most of us learned in life, the older you get, the more tolerant you become and the less judgmental you are, and that’s called wisdom.”

No, that's what we call desensitized. When a person surrounds themselves with sin on a regular basis they typically become less sensitive to it.

It's not a good thing.

Marty said...

Thanks, Amanda. I really do try to avoid causing political commotion because it has broken very badly in the past but I was just completely flabbergasted by his definition of wisdom.
Good point Melynda...I hadn't considered it in those terms but that is exactly what happens.