To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

You Shall Teach Them...

It's seven in the morning and we're in the van on the way to school. We read Psalm 119: 9-16...this is how we stay on the right path...we delight in His law...His way becomes our way. We read Proverbs 31. That woman...that beautiful woman a Mother teaches her son to look for when he looks for a wife...she opens her mouth with wisdom and on her tongue is the law of kindness...whose law of kindness? His law...be kind, love one another, forgive and prefer one another. Love Him with all that you are...do all things for His glory.

I'm home and it's lunch time.
Samuel: Mom, we pray everyday?
Claire: We pray at night when we go to bed.
Me: We pray at night. We pray before we eat. We pray all day. We're talking to God and He always hears...always wants to hear.
Sam: Praying is talking to God?
Claire: I want to talk to God!
Me: What do you want to say to Him?
Claire: I want to tell Him that I love Him. And I want to tell Him something else.
Me: Go ahead.
Sam reaches across the table for her hand...a circle is formed and little hearts and heads bow before a great and mighty God.
Claire: I love you God. And your son is the greatest God ever.
Sam: Thank you for this blessing God. Thank you for our food. And our friends, the Marchlewski's coming over and the Warman's.

My heart sings and I blink back tears...thank you God, for my kids. Thank you for your mercy shown to them...to me.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

That is sweet. :)

John prayed over dinner the other night. It went like this . . . "This is good food. We want to eat this food. We do want to eat this food. What else do I say Dad?" Joshua tells John he can thank God for the food. John- "Thank you for this food. Amen."