To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, August 23, 2010

What the Future Holds

I have a very sweet, dear friend who has three of the most precious boys ever born. Seriously. I think it's safe to say that they love us almost as much as we love them. I guess none of us realized just how much though until J~ made this statement to Mom the other day...
J~ "When I'm grown up and a man and Emily is a woman, I'm gonna marry her."
Mom: "Really?"
J~ "I've thought about it a long time."
He's four.
How cute is that though?
And, hey! She's only six years older than him.

2 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

That boy is so completely adorable.

Lauren M. said...

That's my middle boy. He makes me smile. :)