To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, August 20, 2010

Life in Color

I tend to view life in colors.
Some days are soft and pastel. Love gentle and surrounding.
Other times it may be black and white stark...the lines hard and firm, clearly outlining the situations. These are the hard times, the times of pruning and discipline...or just a time of working. Different than those pastel days but an aesthetic with merit all the same.
Sometimes the colors are muted and subdued...these days are usually the ones where I may be feeling a little more aware of my own sin...or I see where a friend is struggling.
The colors of my life right now are rich and vibrant. Warm and earthy, they speak of spiritual growth and joy with greens and yellows...the underlying hue of contentment and peace found in shades of indigo and violet.
His grace and mercy don't just color the world around me, He paints them into my soul.

0 comments: