To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crazy Good

This week's photo is up at 52 weeks. I know...on time time. It fairly boggles the mind doesn't it? I'm not sure whether things will get more on track as the girls will be in school next week or not. I'm kind of leaning towards the idea that we will basically just jump tracks with the speed of life not really slowing down any at all, but I'm good with that.

We actually have orientation tomorrow from 9 to 1:30. Then next week we get back into the groove of being at school by 7:30. Sarah will have an extra half an hour added to her school day so pick up will not happen until 3:30. I am eager to get us settled into the new routine.
But I'll miss them all being home. I love summer and I am not one of those parents that can't wait for school to start back. It's kind of bittersweet for me, truth be told. I'm excited and eager for all the year will hold in store for us, both at the school and schooling Sam and Claire at home. But, I do miss the girls during the day.
The transition will be easier because next Tuesday my friend Lori and her family will be coming to stay the week with us. Even her husband Scott is getting to make this trip...usually, his military services doesn't allow for him to come when Lori and the kids have visited with us. So yea, four adults and nine kids at varying ages on the first week of school...kind of crazy but it's gonna be so much fun :-)
And to top it off...Lori does photography too so we're going to do each other's family pictures.
Yep, it's going to be a crazy fun time.

0 comments: