To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Psalm 16

You didn't do anything special...you didn't warrant the gift...it's not some cosmic karma paying you back for some past good deed...neither is it some lucky happenstance or coincidence.
Sometimes we just have to confess,
“You are my Lord;I have no good apart from you.”
Sometimes we must say with the Psalmist,
"...my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
my flesh also dwells secure.
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption."
Sometimes we must proclaim,
"You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Sometimes, everything is just so good and we know it is just because of Him whose mercy is new each day.
"The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance."

0 comments: