To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Oops

If I don't keep up with laundry everyday it quickly gets out of hand. And Tuesday and Wednesday were sort of busy and...I got a wee bit behind. Which means that today I jumped on it first thing. Like 7:30 first thing. When it was time to do the second load I got right on it...turned the water on and turned around to scoop up the second load, flipped up the lid to toss them in...only to realize that I had forgotten to move the first load into the dryer.

~Wince~

Needless to say that load was rinsed very, very well.
Speaking of laundry. If there is anyone local who would like an almost full five gallon bucket of homemade laundry detergent I have one to give away. I've been making it for a few months now with no complaints except one.
There is no smell.
The clothes don't stink...and I haven't had any problems with it not removing dirt or funk. As a matter of fact Rob's complaint is that they are odorless. And it turns out that he is fonder of the smell of Gain laundry detergent than he realized. Let me know if you're interested.
(You can add scented oils to make it smell good but my beloved didn't want to go that route.)
So, what do ya think about the new blog look? Blogger has done some neat changes to their system and there are some pretty nifty ways to personal your blog but, alas, I am technically challenged and thankfully there are people around who make provisions for people such as myself. I could spend hours looking through all the adorable templates that are out there in blog land for free.
I'm going to go swap some laundry around now...very carefully.
Oh, before I go...here is this weeks offering for the Team Up Thursday project. I haven't seen our finished diptych yet but maybe I'll get around to actually posting it at some point like I used to. The theme this week was 'Where I Live'.
Where I Live

6 comments:

WunderMom said...

Hey Marty!

Re: the laundry detergent. My remedy for the no smell is to use Gain fabric softener. The laundry comes out smelling Gain fresh. In fact, for further savings I dilute it by half and it still smells like Gain. Maybe you could try that?

Anyway, I do keep a small bottle of Gain detergent for sheets only. I found that we love to slide in between fresh Gain-scented sheets.

I love the cute new blog template! I see both you and Jessica have been changing it up lately. It's like moving furniture around, isn't it? :) Nice.

BeckyJ

Marty said...

Hey Becky Sue! So do I just add the fabric softener to the load or to the detergent?
Off to see what Jessica has done to her blog :-)

WunderMom said...

Marty Sue,

You just use the fab softener as you normally would. Do you have a Downey ball? Those are good if you have a top loader.

Marty said...

Thanks Becky! Hey, how's the new blog coming?

Roni said...

Sigh. Laundry. Touchy subject for me. Best go back and read your joyful obedience post. Grin.

Marty said...

Roni, you crack me up!