To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Admit It...

I love photography. I know, not a big secret but it's the truth of the matter. I have almost 3,000 photos on Flickr. I wish I could explain how I feel when I'm behind the lens of my camera. It's like I can really see. Because when I'm taking a photograph I'm slowing to notice the details...to look for the right light or composition.

And I'm always amazed at all the little things He created. Things that don't necessarily do anything but just add to the beauty around us. Things that He designed just for His good pleasure and ours.
The way that lines curve and twist...
Tiny mushrooms that look like magical fairy umbrellas...
The vibrant pink of a delicate flower...
Pink Flower I
And people. Oh, how I love to photograph people!
The way a man looks at the woman he's going to marry...
The joy that comes with the blessing of new life...
The bond of friendship...
It's amazing. I love that I get to do this.
Whew! I just had to get that out there!
PS My camera is in the shop being cleaned if that explains anything :-)
PPS I think I am finally caught up with posting at 52 weeks...doing this weekly thing can be hard. Pretty sure I'll never do a 365!

0 comments: