To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Oh, my goodness what a busy, busy week it has been!

And the weekend!
Whew, I am plum tuckered out. Friday night was lovely though. We spent the evening with some dear friends. One of the families lives in Texas now so it was a special treat to be with them. It was so funny how our kids just fell into rhythm even though it had been a couple of years since we'd all been together.
Saturday was full of chores...our week to clean the church...and getting Sarah ready for her trip. She has gone white water rafting with a friend from school. She was all excited until she read the release form that we had to sign. Then she got a little freaked out. For all of her preciseness she is quite the daredevil and I'm sure she'll have a blast. And how sweet is this? She left an envelope with a letter a day for us to read while she's gone. I love that girl!
I'm having a hard time discussing worship and church right now. Not because I don't want to share or because it hasn't been worth sharing...actually the exact opposite. It has been so real and solid but words just sound so trite and so...lacking. God is faithful to meet with His people and it is good.
There is very little planned for this week coming up. I plan to answer my phone as little as possible...go as little as possible...I won't say do as little as possible because I've got some bathrooms I wanna scrub down and drawers to organize. A sewing project to work on...several in fact. But I'm actually looking forward to those things. Because if I'm doing them it means I'm home.
And that is exactly where I want to be.

0 comments: