To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh, Hello There!

It's so lovely to see you again. My goodness, but it's been a while hasn't it? Sorry about that. The kids are out of school and life has been being lived at a breakneck pace, as you can imagine. Plus, Rob and I were in Durham, NC last week for the ACCS conference. My Mother came and stayed with the kids while we were gone. Here is one of her conversations with Claire;

Claire, looking so sweetly innocent and lovely..."So, exactly what happens if we don't listen to you?"
Nana..."You don't want to know."
I think Claire was just trying to figure out if Nana knew where the glue sticks were or not.
The conference was really good. I have so much stuff in my head from listening to such great speakers and I am just not sure I'll be able to share it all in a comprehensible manner. I think even typing it out, I'll stutter :-)
But over the next few days I hope to work some of it out here on the blogspot. It's good stuff...important stuff...stuff that as believer's we should be thinking about and talking about.
It's the kind of conversations we need to be having if we are ever going to move past reducing our Christianity and faith down to a mere belief instead of a culture.

Anyway, that is what will hopefully be happening in the next few weeks. Along with community group and other church activities...volleyball practice...visiting with friends...picking blueberries...making strawberry jam...taking pictures...birthday celebrations.
Lots to do! But so much fun!
PS I know it's late but I did put up last weeks photo at 52 weeks.

0 comments: