To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Joys of Summer

There are certain things that are unique to a season. The crystal blue Winter skies...the gorgeous colors of Autumn...the crisp newness of Spring. Summer is no exception and there are many things about the season that I enjoy. So, as often as I have time and think of it, I will extol the summer months bounty.


I rarely sleep in. I am one of those sad unfortunate people that tend to get up about the same time every day. One of the joys of summer though? I can get up at 6am to use the rest room and then...
lay back down.
This week I've actually dozed back off until around eight, which in the grand scheme of things isn't really sleeping late, but for me?
I'm lovin' it!

0 comments: