To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, May 28, 2010

Ha Ha Ha

How absolutely hilarious...


"Congratulations! Your household has been selected to take part in a one week Nielsen TV Ratings viewing survey!"



We don't have television.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Did you get $5 too? I kindly thanked them for the coffee money and threw the survey in the garbage. I rarely turn the TV on.

marty said...

No...I've been cheated! You got five bucks?

Theresa said...

Yep, I sure did. I got the TV Diary in the mail where I was supposed to record my TV watching for a week and enclosed in the envelope were 5 crisp $1 bills. The letter send, "Here is some money to thank you for you time." Isn't that crazy?