To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, May 24, 2010

Good is Good

Have you ever noticed the bad rap that the word 'good' has gotten in our world? Something is good and it sounds as if there is something better...something more out there.

Tonight was good. In that small way that we reflect the same good that He pronounced over His creation good. And it stands alone...not an okey dokey everything is just fine wish it could have been more but I'll settle for this rather than nothing kind of good. Rob is at a meeting and so the kids and I are hanging out together. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my kids and enjoy spending time with them? I do...immensely.
Emily and I baked some delicious almond cakes for her class. She is becoming such a young lady. Everyday she is growing and maturing more and more. It brings a bitter sweet ache.
Abby wanted to read some of her favorite Psalms to me. What a joyful blessing when your child comes to you and wants...asks...to read God's word with you!
All year Sarah has been really enjoying her writing class. I love the talent and skill she is nurturing and crafting. I hope that with school out soon she'll be posting more on her blog. It will probably be some stuff from the school year as well as new things. Go on over to the Warrior Princess and check out her latest assignment from school...it's pretty good.
Even though summer is officially not here for a month or so, it is plenty hot for Sam and Claire to play under the hose during the day. So two more good things...the way the sun screen makes the water bead on smiling faces...
And freckles...oh, my goodness I love those freckles!

0 comments: