To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

WARNING

If I drove around the same way I swim through Flickr streams or blogged hopped, I'd be all over the map with no idea how I ended up anywhere. Such is the case this morning when everything started out innocently enough. I saw this picture on Flickr (and don't ask me where or how because I honestly can't remember...the woman who posted it is not one of my contacts so I must have seen it connected to someone else's stream or possibly a group or...hit the breaks Martha, you're driving in circles! You get the picture I'm sure.) Anyway, somehow this woman has pictures of my dream house all over her Flicker stream and blog. I don't know how but apparently somebody opened the door of my laundry room and snapped a picture for her.
I heard some noise a few days ago, maybe that's when they snuck in. I peeked into the study/library but nobody was there. I figured I had imagined things so...
I just went back outside and sat on the porch.
My dream house is such a lovely place isn't it? You should see the kitchen :-) I'm not sure where the laundry room came from, other than in my dreams, but the study was found at Better Homes and Garden and the porch picture came via Cottage Living.
Time sucker alert...the links in this blog post are not for the faint of heart. Or people who actually wish to accomplish something productive today. But if you have half an hour or so (or maybe longer...just saying), then grab a cup of coffee or tea and prepare to "Ohhh" and "Ahhhh".
Okay, now that I've given my disclaimer I'll tell you the original poster is Angie also known as the Junk Garden Girl. Trust me when I tell you you're gonna love looking at her blog. She post all kinds of crazy cool stuff and she makes the neatest little vintage wooden pendants that she sells in her etsy store. She also did a feature on Funky Junk Interiors. I'm pretty sure those stairs lead to somewhere in my dream house...like to the converted attic that's now a family room. Seriously, click on the feature link...it's the coolest staircase ever. And then go visit Funky Junk because you're gonna love it.

1 comments:

junkgarden said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog and you are adorable. Very cute post! I can't wait to check out the rest of your blog!
Angie