To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Running Behind

So, yesterday Sam and I spent the morning working on a slide show in Windows Movie Maker of all the other photos from our trip last week that we still want to share with everyone. Sorry, there won't be any pictures of the older girls shooting guns because I kept the younger ones back at the farm during the shoot out at the Ok corral. But I do have Becky's red clover portrait but somehow never got a shot of her husband. Are we sure he was even there? I know...he was in the music room :-) I'm just curious as to how Chuck managed to get pictures of me taking pictures and I didn't return the favor. Anyway, there are pictures of the motorcycle rides and games and scenery, you get the idea. I even bought and downloaded my first ever MP3 song so there'd be good music to go along with it. (Psst...sidebar confession: Buying a song from Amazon is so cool and easy! I'm surprised I've never done it before but think that it might be a wee bit dangerous for me...this might be the beginning of a trend.)
So why am I telling you about it rather than letting you see it for yourselves? I'm having a little technical trouble getting it to upload. Which is why I haven't posted my Team Up Thursday diptych yet. It was kind of late before I got my offering for this week' s theme (shooting laying down) to my wonderful and patient partner Leah. As soon as it's ready I'll post it though for all of you who feel as if your day is incomplete until you see what creative genius we came up with this week.
Haha...just kidding. I know no one sits around breathlessly waiting for the diptych. You're all waiting for my 52 Weeks project aren't you? Well it's up so you can go take a looksy. It's a pretty cool photo if I do say so myself :-)

0 comments: