To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, April 2, 2010

Claire is on a Roll and Other Things

Why, oh why does she wait to question, "Momma, why can't I have a piece?", during communion until we're sitting in front of our paedocommuning friends?


Yesterday, Claire and Sam were playing and she flapped her hand at him. This action can and was interpreted as a slap and when I called her on it this is what she had to say;
"What, Momma? I didn't hit at Sam. I just smacked him."

I get to go see a brand new baby boy tomorrow afternoon. I'm talking just days old...nothing beats squished up sweet smelling newborns.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand I am overjoyed a my friend's good blessing and unexpected trip to Washington DC next week. On the other hand, I am so envious of her good blessing and unexpected trip to Washington DC next week...the Metropolitan Museum of Art...the Smithsonian...Cherry Blossom Festival. Yea, I'm conflicted :-)

I am happy about going to visit friends in Georgia next week. It'll be nice to get away for a few days...hang out with friends. Did I mention that they have baby ducks? Sweet, fuzzy yellow baby ducks. I'm picking out an outfit for Claire to day...cause I am so doing some portraits of her and the sweet, fuzzy yellow baby ducks.

Speaking of pictures, the latest week is up at 52 Weeks. And here is yesterday's Team Up Thursday diptych. The theme was 'book'. Take a look at the titles in Leah's picture on the bottom...I loved the way the last two read together.

Other photo related news...On the blog roll to the right is a group called FlickHERist. I was the featured photographer they interviewed this week. Pretty cool to be included with the other ones they have showcased. If you have a few minutes go check it out...some of those women have amazing talent.

Happy Good Friday everyone. Enjoy the long weekend and celebrate the wonder of our risen Savior!

1 comments:

mel said...

Your blog is so cute. I love the flower - kinda looks like a brownie and is giving me the 'sweets'.