To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Sunday, April 11, 2010

857

That is the number of photos I took last week between Monday and Wednesday afternoon. Georgia in the Spring is a beautiful place and I was in hog heaven snapping away at horses, golden sunlight dancing among the pecan trees, red clover and, of course, the kids. I have pictures of them playing frisbee, ladder ball, riding motorcycles and making cinnamon rolls from scratch. I even took some pictures of Sam's lego man story (...another post coming soon.) But, I did have them bring some clothes for actual portraits. And may I just say that I have beautiful children? I know it sounds boastful. I know I'm bragging but honestly...I have beautiful children.
Here, see for yourself.

The sunlight was so gorgeous!


Claire just loved the freedom of sticker free green grass and bare feet!


And how stinkin' cute is my boy in a cowboy hat?


See? I told you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have something to boast about! Beautiful AND sweet children!

(and great photos!)

sg

all that i am said...

wonderful shots...where are the other 850?!?!

Mel said...

Hey Marty - has anybody ever told you that you have beautiful children?

Anonymous said...

They're all gorgeous, but I love the one of Emily with the sunlight... wow, very ethereal looking. She looks like an angel!

Ok, I want to see the rest too. And did that clover pic I wanted turn out? I remember it was kind of dark.

Becky

Marty said...

I'm working on putting something together with the other pictures...not all of them mind you. Just the ones I like :-)And Becky I have a red clover portrait just for you.