To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, March 15, 2010

What We Need to Remember


Normally, I turn the music off when I visit someone's blog. Usually because I have my own music playing and because people's taste can be so individual. But this time I let it play...and it intertwined with her words creating a message that wrapped around my heart and mind. It brought peace and soothed the jittery happiness that can sometimes lose focus and cause nothing to get done...it quieted my heart without taking the joy.

What are your thoughts as you face this new week? Do you have a list of things to do that makes you feel overwhelmed or defeated before you even begin? Or do you feel rushed to get it all done so you can move on to those things you really want to do?
Please, take a moment and read this. It can change your whole perspective on all you have to do.

1 comments:

all that i am said...

Marty
thank you for leaving me a comment on my blog...thru fickr...

what a convoluted world this is, huh?!?

i too love your blog...

5 kids...
we have 4
all grown and out on there own...but still mine, non the less!

i went to the 'holy experience' blog you linked to...and just wept!

my sister in law is in the midst of raising their 5...
i babysat alot for her last week...
she lives in chaos and can't seem to feel on top of it
i remember those days...

thank you for sharing how we do glorify God, with our lives...
our day's work of ordering and providing order...
making a safe place...
making a home