To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, March 22, 2010

Strange but Funny

My kids can sign "I'm sorry your platypus died." I'm not really sure why...but they can.


On Friday night we took Sam to CiCi's to celebrate his birthday. No, we didn't fall off the gluten free wagon...we took Whataburger in for him. One of the manager's was very curious about whether or not they could offer a gluten free alternative for their patrons. Unfortunately it probably won't ever happen because of cross contamination but at least they let us bring something in for him to eat. Anyway, there was a woman making balloon hats and animals for the children. Sam got this alien hat and a monkey. Claire some how scored a pink sword...I had left the table when it was her turn...otherwise it would have never happened. (even balloon swords are dangerous in the hands of that child.) Poor Sam had a moment of mourning after we got home:
"Momma, I named my alien Herbert and then his head popped off." (Don't worry, he quickly rebounded and drew a new face on the remaining parts of the hat. The boy is resilient.)

On Saturday Rob and I spent most of the day at the Trinitas Golf Classic. I learned two important things;
1.) Women reach a certain age and we should, must, stop wearing shorts. It just isn't attractive.
2.) Men in golf carts are somewhat reckless. Seriously, they fly around all willy nilly. Of course a few of them golf that way too. But it was a lot of fun and it's catered by Carrabba's...yum!

Sunday was pretty quiet for me. Claire was sick so I kept her home. I hate missing church but it really wouldn't be fair to her or anyone else if I had taken her. She has an ear infection and has started some antibiotics so she'll be back to full speed soon (heaven help me!).

This week has some stuff happening here and there, not to busy though. Friday night is an event at the school called An Evening of Truth, Beauty and Goodness. It's kind of a day in the life kind of thing so if anyone is interested in finding out what the school is like feel free to get in touch with me. Consider yourself invited :-)

0 comments: