To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pondering...

just how big our God is. I mentioned the blog party over at Femina yesterday. I've been blog hopping and reading in amazement and awe the wealth of testimony to God's goodness. His faithfulness. I was positively giddy last night just from the abundance of His glory being shared...by the abundance of sisters in the faith all over the world. My understanding of Him...His ways...His God-ness...is so finite...so small. Even when I see how big He is. Even when I read story after story after story of His faithfulness, mercy and grace. My view was broadened and enlarged, And then this, this morning:

Behold, these are but the outskirts of his ways,
and how small a whisper do we hear of him!
But the thunder of his power who can understand?” Job 26:14

Even that stretching is not enough. The voices could be yelling in a cacophony of praise and still...still it is a mere whisper of who He is.

0 comments: