To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh, My!

Last week I was asked to take a picture of the school building but I knew my two lenses weren't up to the task. So, I asked my friend Donna if I could borrow her wide angle lens to get the job done. Boy howdy, am I impressed with this lens! Just to give you an example of the difference between the two focal lengths...

View of my living room with my biggest lens...
Comparing I
View of my living room with her wide angle lens...
Comparing II

Amazing isn't it? It definitely got added to my wish list. Of course as long as I had it I wanted to experiment with some pictures of the kids. There are, for me at least, some difficulties in trying to get a good portrait of all five of my kids. One is that generally I have to squeeze them in pretty close in order to fit them all into the frame so I was excited about having more space to work with. Needless to say the lens did not disappoint. Obviously, my other issues in not getting a really good portrait are still in place...why, oh why can I not get them all to look at me and smile at the same time? But, it's still photos of my kidlets and I love them. They really show their personalities :-)






2 comments:

Donna said...

Very nice pics Marty, glad you had a good time.

Mel said...

Those look fun. Your kids look so good in pictures.