To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Middle of the Week Ramble

I love the rain. Getting into bed last night, I snuggled under my covers and sighed, (I know! Still with the sighs...) a small sigh of peace listening to the rain. A good rain is like a cocoon wrapped around the house keeping us all tucked in safe and together. I may be weird but the thunder doesn't bother me either...as a matter of fact it's only a really good rain if comes with thunder and lightning. Tonight should find me as happy as can be and sleeping like a baby because it supposed to storm big time.
Okay, now that I've actually started a blog post with a discussion on the weather how funny is this quote? Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation. ~Kin Hubbard
But I do have other things on my mind. Well, not really on my mind but other things to ramble on about...
First, I'm looking forward to our community group tonight. I really enjoy this midweek gathering to eat and hang out with friends and discuss the past week's sermon. It's always amazing to me how God uses His message in the lives of everyone. And as we share and talk through what it means, everything gets deeper and the taste richer.
Second, on Monday Jennifer and the boys spent the night. (Can I just say how absolutely thrilled we are to have them not only in the continental US again but only a few hours away?) Yesterday, Justin and Travis spent the day working in our yard trimming bushes and get this...making me not one but two garden beds! I am so excited and planning what we want to grow...onions, Roma tomatoes, cucumbers and beans...who knows what else. They also cleared out what was once a flower garden and I can't wait to get some flowers blooming.




Third, I am looking forward to visiting a lovely friend tomorrow afternoon. She's just one of those people that you just enjoy being around.
Fourth, this is what I read today from Psalm 119...
Your hands have made and fashioned me;
give me understanding that I may learn your commandments.
Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice,
because I have hoped in your word.
I know, O Lord, that your rules are righteous,
and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me
Let your steadfast love comfort me
according to your promise to your servant.
Let your mercy come to me, that I may live;
for your law is my delight.
Let the insolent be put to shame,
because they have wronged me with falsehood;
as for me, I will meditate on your precepts.
Let those who fear you turn to me,
that they may know your testimonies.
May my heart be blameless in your statutes,
that I may not be put to shame!
There is just so much to this passage. I especially love the way the Gospel clearly affects our relationships with each other...our love for Him and His truth should cause us to rejoice in each other.
I hope you're rejoicing in your relationships because of His truth.
~PS New photo up at 52 weeks

0 comments: