To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Life is an Adventure

At least it is around our house. There's always something to talk about...some story involving one of the kids that needs to be told...some discussion that would be interesting to blog about...or a photo or two to be shared. Sometimes the adventure is happening to fast to share it all...bits and pieces get lost as life moves on to the next moment. It's one of the reasons I blog though. Because when I do manage to get it down it's there...a memory frozen in a cyber diary that we can look back on and enjoy...or it opens the door to conversations that we might not otherwise have had as you share your thoughts in the comments section.
Well, now that I've waxed poetic about the joys of blogging, I'll share some snippets of our adventures this week.
First, I am so excited that spring is getting ready to bloom forth in all it's glory. You can see it peaking up out of the ground and through the fences.
Of course it does come with a price. We have started our annual Claritin regime but today the littlest ones hasn't been feeling to well. I'm hoping it's just the allergies though and not an ear infection.
Poor Baby
Claire, that same darling precious three year old, (did you notice the emphasis on her age?) asked me this question while I was driving down the road:
"Momma, how do we get made babies?"
Once I recovered from swerving off the road I gave her what I thought was a sufficient answer.
"God made you a baby."
Her response?
"But how?"
Seriously people, isn't three a little early for this question? After pounding my head on the steering wheel I gave her the standard flabbergasted parental answer;
"We'll talk about it in about ten or fifteen years, chickie."
Which is close to the response Sarah got when she asked Rob how we'll handle it when/if a young man wants to court her that doesn't believe everything exactly the way we believe. Can we cross that bridge later on down the road please?
It's easier to deal with Emily trading her dessert at lunch for a stick of gum or Abby showing me how she can eat like a hamster or reading Sam's birthday list made after days of pouring over an Oriental Trading catalog. (By the way, he would love to have the nifty inflatable body bopper set on page three as well as the carnival rubber duckies sold by the dozen for $5.99 on page 18.)
Like I said, it is always an adventure around here :-)
Oh, and in case I don't get back here tomorrow here's the Team Up Thursday diptych.
You can also help me out a bit. I really liked the photo for the Team Up project...(mine was the one on top.)
but I also liked this one that took as well.
I'm having a hard time choosing which one should be the pick for my 52 Weeks project. What do you think? Let me know which one you like best.
Thanks!

6 comments:

all that i am said...

marty, thanks for looking and leaving a comment at 'all that i am'?!?
and...i like the strawberries for your 52 project!
and...did you see i featured you for 'wednesday contact showcase' over on flickr?

marty said...

Thanks Allison! I didn't know until you mentioned it...that was so sweet of you :-)

Killlashandra said...

Oh I like the strawberries too. Either one would have worked for me. My only thought for the strawberries is if you're using an editing program at all to pop the red up a little bit. :)

LOL - I'm waiting for my 4 year old to ask me where babies come from besides out of mommy. He remembers my carrying around his little brother really well.

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye said...

Although they are very different shots this week, the curling of the pencil sharpenings sort of remind me of a flower. I also love the picture of your strawberries - awesome processing!

Rebecca said...

What great green shots. Love your pencil shot, how creative. The dof is perfect! Flower shot makes me so ready for spring. So glad it is here! We went green as well.

Joanna said...

I love the sharpened pencil. Also love how the green is sorta splashed around the photo with the shavings. Very clever.