To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, March 5, 2010

Sighs

I just love these adorable, twirly dresses. The photo momma in me can just see my girls dancing and playing at the beach while I happily snap away.


Sigh. (This sigh is for the darling dress that is in no way part of our budget. I'm sure Dave Ramsey would whack me in the back of the head for even looking.)

Sigh. (This sigh is for the fact that I never win anything so even though I left a comment the adorable twirly dress will probably not be mine. Yes, I realize we all say we never win anything and then stammer and gush with surprise when we actually do win...but really I can count on one hand with fingers and a thumb left over how many times I've won something. I also never experience that incredulous oh-my-goodness-isn't-this-the-most-amazing-cost-me-fifty-cents-and-it's-an-actual-designer-original-worn-by-Jackie O-thrift-store/yard-sale-treasure. Sigh. I thought that deserved a second sigh after reading it back :-)

SIGH. (This sigh is for the beach...blue skies and balmy breezes...it's almost time...just need to hang on a little longer. (Psst...side bar: Remember last January when I could go to the beach and I got this picture of Claire?)Not enjoing the birds

I'm going to stop sighing now. Rob is starting to get a wee bit concerned. Oh wait, one more.

Sigh. (This is the good sweet kind of sigh. It's Friday night with an in-house date. I just love putting the kids to bed and climbing into our bed to eat Main Moon Chinese and watch a movie. I just love this man of mine...sigh.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Well Marty, the only way you can get an "oh-my-goodness-isn't-this-the-most-amazing-cost-me-fifty-cents-and-it's-an-actual-designer-original-worn-by-Jackie O-thrift-store/yard-sale-treasure" is to GO to the thrift stores and garage sales, A LOT! That's when the law of averages come into play. I "win" so often, cause i play the game so much. See? Now for that twirly dress, you just need to get aquainted with Mrs. Sewing Machine. Now, all is better right? :)

Marty said...

You have so much wisdom my friend! Now, how about me, you and Mrs. Sewing Machine get together for a little visit?