To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Change of Plans

Remember #3 on my list yesterday? Well, plans have changed because I have a sick child home from school. Emily has a headache and a sore throat so I tucked her back into bed and sent my regrets to my friend with a wish for next week.
Today, I'll just putz around and do some baking for the Dutiful Daughters bake sale tomorrow. I've kind of got the sewing itch so I may plunder through my fabric and see what I can come up with. We'll just have to see.
For now...here's the diptych for this week's Team Up Thursday. Poor Leah is dealing with a teething baby so she suggested the "teeth" theme. I've always been very self conscious about my teeth. I had a small pointy tooth that was the bane of my existence as an adolescent. I didn't realize how it affected my smile until my fabulous dentist fixed it for me (something I never thought would happen.) My smile became more relaxed and confident. The funny thing is that the people who noticed the change didn't know why unless I told them...seems I was way more aware of that embarrassing imperfection than anyone else :-)

2 comments:

HipMomma said...

I was gonna say that you have the most perfect teeth ever! Seriously straight and nicely shaped. And if they only fixed a pointy tooth then I can imagine that you were worried about nothing. Be proud of that smile, it's lovely. Nice dip, with the baby teeth and big teeth.

Killlashandra said...

Your teeth are perfect now. I'm glad you were able to get them fixed, I agree that probably did help with your self confidence. I felt that way when I got my braces off as my eye teeth were coming in totally crazy and I hated to smile as a teenager. ;) Of course that probably means both my kids will need braces now. LOL