To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This and That

Have I mentioned how much I hate the squeak my dryer makes? I do. Hate. It. I'm trying to keep it all real and everything by just being thankful that I'm able to dry clothes. Or that we even have clothes. But honestly? It is the most annoying sound ever. Imagine fingernails on a chalkboard in a falsetto tone. Yea, it's that bad.


I really like this song. It's kind of silly but I like the sound. Maybe because I have a thing about pancakes and other things warm and yummy? Like the six...count them...six sugar cookies I ate today when I made them for our community group. I think it's safe to say that I've blown my diet. Or maybe not...I haven't eaten anything else. Nah, I've blown it. I guess I should feel bad about that but I'm just sitting here considering exactly how bad would it be to eat another one?

Actually, I'm procrastinating clipping coupons and making my grocery list. I am pleased with the money that I'm saving by being so deliberate in my shopping but honest to goodness it's like having a job. It takes work and today I'm just feeling kind of lazy. Like just sitting around eating sugar cookies and blogging can even be remotely productive.

I will get to it just as soon as I share these pictures with you. Yesterday, Sarah and Emily's classes had a medieval feast. The whole day was so much fun and everyone looked great. I helped a little bit with decorating on Monday and I am amazed by the stuff people just happen to have at their home. Need to decorate for the middle ages? No problem.
It did all look wonderful and not to go on a rant about the best Christian school in Northwest Florida but I love the fact that they never do things in half measures. If they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it well.
Boys were knighted, there was archery and sword fights, and at the end we even burned a village. It was a day full of fun and I bet the kids never forget it.

Okay, okay. Stop shouting...I'll go clip coupons now. Just as soon as I have a cookie :-)

0 comments: