To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Team Up Thursday

The theme was numbers this week. My uninspired picture is on the bottom...the cool headstone was taken by my partner, Leah.
I think that whenever you do some kind of ongoing project like this there are bound to be times when you just can't nail it. This was one of those weeks for me. I didn't really have time to put much into it and consequently my picture isn't that great. Hopefully, next week will be better.

9 comments:

Killlashandra said...

I think we did great, if you look hard enough we both have 9s in our shots. :)

Ed said...

I don't know - I like both of the photos. Yours has very nice texture, and the depth of field is nice. I noticed it on flickr and almost commented on it there, but got busy working, you know. And of course the 9s are good, too...

marty said...

Thanks Ed :-)You know, you and Rob should do something like this...maybe not on a weekly schedule but every other or something. It would be interesting to see what you both came up with.

Rob said...

Am I the only one who noticed the obscure 24 in each photo?

Ed said...

Well of course not, Rob. How could one miss that? And, Marty, I'm quite sure I couldn't keep up with Rob's quick wit and good taste. And yes, I'm serious...

marty said...

So, he would inspire you to more creativity, Ed :-)
And love, I didn't notice the 24 until you pointed it out...

Rob said...

(should I mention the 17 and the 19?)

marty said...

Only if you think I should start trying to figure out what they all could mean...

Ed said...

Lottery numbers...