To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, February 15, 2010

My friend Melynda had a recent blog post about Rainbow Bright dolls. It's actually a giveaway because it seems that Rainbow Bright is turning 25 and having a party. So go on over and enter to win one of the new updated friends of Rainbow...they have some killer moon boots.

All that reading dolls from the 80's started me down memory lane remembering things from my childhood. Like the way my little sister and I would use our roller skates as Barbie cars. Remember how the skates had a really high ankle and those metal wheels? Those long laces made it the perfect pull toy :-) I also started thinking about different shows I used to watch as a kid. To be honest when I went to write this post I youtubed Captain Kangaroo and it scared me. Seriously, have you seen that lately? But as a child I loved it. My absolute favorite part was Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings...remember him?
I'm pretty sure I'll be humming this little ditty for the rest of the night. Did you know that it is the longest running children's television show of it's time? It played on CBS from 1955 until 1984. The show also gave room to a rising young star in a segment called Pictures Pages...his name?
Bill Cosby.

0 comments: